Acceptable specimen PEG auto adsorption

I agree with Malcolm - you may want to validate that they work but I don't see a reason why they would not.  What specimen does your procedure require?  My reference to the original 1999 article in transfusion just states LISS suspended rbcs - does not mention an anticoagulant.

Since you wash the cells several times anyway before use, it seems logical that any anticoagulant is washed away (or at least mammothly diluted). We have this issue more frequently finding enough cells for an eluate, or an eluate and autoadsorption. For both procedures I have successfully used citrated cells and cells from lithium heparin chem tubes if you can fight your way through the gel. (Speaking of lithium heparin, if a patient has a juicy antibody, I collect all the lithium heparin chem tubes and EDTA heme tubes I can to pool and freeze to torment future generations of students. If validated, does anyone know a reason why lithium heparin plasma cannot be used for, say, a panel if your serum or EDTA plasma is in short supply? Seems to work fine for the students.)