What can PathLabTalk do for you?

Cliff

I'll be the first to note that this is from way out in left field but it's something that occurred to me when there are periods of time without any content. I don't know how many other BBTers are guilty of this but I'll pop on to see what's new AT LEAST once or twice a week, if not once a day.

Has there been any thought to generating periodic (weekly/biweekly/monthly?) articles?

15 minutes ago, Malcolm Needs said:

It might well be less onerous (and you might get more volunteers), if you had several authors on a strict (or as near strict as you can get with volunteers!) roster - Oh, and suggestions for subject matter for the articles.  I must say, though, I like the idea!!!!!!!

Yay, I thought of you when this was suggested.  We could alter the newsletter to include an into to the article.

2 hours ago, goodchild said:

I'll be the first to note that this is from way out in left field but it's something that occurred to me when there are periods of time without any content. I don't know how many other BBTers are guilty of this but I'll pop on to see what's new AT LEAST once or twice a week, if not once a day.

Has there been any thought to generating periodic (weekly/biweekly/monthly?) articles?

Simply great idea goodchild!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

topic idea: top 10 (or 5) things generalists (or newbies) working in blood bank want to know (or need to know, or wish they knew).

I was just thinking of a way to make this idea useful to share with folks who don't usually get on BBT.  My favorite start on answers to the above are:

1. Don't let a patient bleed to death just because they have antibodies. Even incompatible blood carries oxygen (but get the ABO system right and Kidd if you can).

2. Almost all Rh neg people are cde/cde.  This is useful for many tasks, like the O pos patient in the ED bleeding out who has a history of anti-E or deciding whether you should start screening your O neg units for c when you have screened all of your O pos units and not found enough. (elaborate on this)

Succinct would help this to be more useful because everyone has a lot to read these days.

What about case studies being posted (anonymised of course) with action took, outcome and follow up? To allow others to learn from procedures followed in real life.

The other thing I would like is for you to bring back the Zoo Keeper game!! I was at the top of the leaderboard...

Edited by Auntie-D

great idea.

Case study is interesting also.

Also report all unusual information regarding lots. Eg. We had 0.8% surgiscreen expired in December...we had seven patient where we had cell 2 pos, panel A neg, Panel C only one cell positive on treated and untreated. I did not call seven time. I called only once to report and Ortho consider it as one complain against lot not seven??? Ortho doesn't investigate donor unless they have certain calls for against particular donor.

I would like to be a contributor.

Can we have a topic started for just competency? subtopics: tests, how to make specimens, what do you do for DO, problem solving etc.

• 1 month later...

Can you add a Point of Care Section with these possible topics to start:  Accrediting Agencies, Computer Systems, Education/Quality, Equipment, Vendor Selection and All Other Topics? I am hoping "if you build it they will come".  Thanks Cliff!

On 2/9/2016 at 11:36 AM, R1R2 said:

Can you add a Point of Care Section with these possible topics to start:  Accrediting Agencies, Computer Systems, Education/Quality, Equipment, Vendor Selection and All Other Topics? I am hoping "if you build it they will come".  Thanks Cliff!

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have added these sections.  I will create the newsletters for them soon.  There's no hurry for that since there aren't any posts there yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cliff unpinned this topic