What are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Cliff

Just now, SMILLER said:

Looks nice.  Cannot find an easy way to see recent activity as in: last 24hrs, last week, etc.

Scott

If this is something you regularly look for, you can create your own custom activity stream.  Once it's been saved you set that as your default stream, then simply click the link and it will load.  You can create as many streams as you want.  They are only for your use.

Oh dear.  I am finding this a bit of a struggle!  Like SMiller, I can't find the recent activity either.  I don't only want to see the recent unread posts.  Sometimes I read a post and decide to reply hours, or even days after - then I can't find it again. and I don't particularly want to see everyone's mails saying happy birthday..... Please answer in a dinosaur-friendly way, Cliff.  And, by the way, where has the library gone?

1 hour ago, galvania said:

Like SMiller, I can't find the recent activity either.  I don't only want to see the recent unread posts.  Sometimes I read a post and decide to reply hours, or even days after - then I can't find it again.

This was something that took a while for me to get used to.  The site now has Activity Streams.  There are some that are built in, there are 4 that I created, and at the bottom there is a button that says Create New Stream.  Here you can create your own custom stream, then you can set this as your default.  No one else can see it, it's just for you.

and I don't particularly want to see everyone's mails saying happy birthday.

You're getting an email for each user who is having a birthday?  That IS NOT supposed to be happening.  Please confirm on this one.

And, by the way, where has the library gone?

It was named Downloads, I just renamed it to Library.

12 minutes ago, goodchild said:

It definitely looks good. I haven't used the search function yet, which I find to be the greatest indicator of success.

On a side note: Cliff you're administrator for another website, in addition to this one, while also being a blood bank manager for a huge institution? Do you ever eat or sleep?

Thank you.

The search is much improved over the prior search.  This is an actively worked on version by the software vendor.  I held off a very long time waiting for a solid and stable version, so it seemed like a really big upgrade for us.  There will be a lot of small incremental upgrades that will happen at least monthly.  I probably won't even announce those unless there is a great new feature.

I am not the blood bank manager here, but the compliance officer.  A little less stressful I imagine.  I eat plenty, something I have been trying to cut down on, and sleeping is highly overrated. :)

11 hours ago, amym1586 said:

Well now I can't quote again!    lol

The only option I see is to share a post.   But it does nothing when I hit it.

I suspect this is a caching issue.  Did you see the notice at the top of every page?  If you do not clear all of your browser cache, I'd be surprised you are able to post at all.  The prior version of the editor had a lot of settings that were stored locally on your computer to make it work faster.  This version of the editor is significantly more sophisticated and many of those settings have changed and are likely stuck in the old mode on your PC.

3 hours ago, galvania said:

Cliff - concerning the birthdays, yes, I confirm

Anna

Hmm, please let me know if it happens again, after this point.  I just updated the software again, the vendor released a fix for this.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

I suspect this is a caching issue.  Did you see the notice at the top of every page?  If you do not clear all of your browser cache, I'd be surprised you are able to post at all.  The prior version of the editor had a lot of settings that were stored locally on your computer to make it work faster.  This version of the editor is significantly more sophisticated and many of those settings have changed and are likely stuck in the old mode on your PC.

Hmm, please let me know if it happens again, after this point.  I just updated the software again, the vendor released a fix for this.

Thank you

Yay!  I cleared my cookies and wed data the first day.  But it's working now!

3 hours ago, Auntie-D said:

I think I must be getting old - I find it a bit 'busy'.

I always used to hit 'new posts since last visit' - this is now a bit of a chore to do.

I agree, it's a bit of a chore, but only once.

First, try clicking the circled link at the top right.  This should have been set as everyone's default stream.

Unread.thumb.png.f37d5be87595427935f93fb

I suspect that is the prior view you were looking for.

Once that opens, I suggest clicking the condensed view option (I like this a lot better - much less busy).

Condensed.thumb.png.a1e72272c393c55f970c

I'll bet this is what you are looking for?

I know it seemed like a few steps to get there, but once this is set, the site will save it for you and you only need to click on the first link above.  If that isn't the search you want, please let me know.  The site has a bunch already built in, and I can show you how to create your own.  Then you can set that first button to be whatever search you want.  It's really pretty neat.

Unread BloodBankTalk Topics   PathLabTalk.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Malcolm Needs said:

Yep, got the snow, but like Eagle Eye, I could do without the birthday posts every day.  If I want to see whose birthday it is, I look in the calander.

There's one single birthday post, is that what the two of you are commenting on?  I will turn that off.

59 minutes ago, galvania said:

I did not get the snow :(.  

Please confirm you are using the theme Shift.  You can select this from the bottom left of any page.  You should have automatically be reset to this yesterday.

59 minutes ago, galvania said:

I also get birthday posts every day - but no longer peoples' replies to them

I am not sure what you mean by this.  The site was only supposed to make one single birthday post listing all of the birthday's for that day.  It has only been in place for a week or two and I have not seen one reply to them.

You are receiving emails about this?  Can you copy the text of one of those emails and PM it to me?

Thank you