Anti-i (-iH?)

So, I have this guy with what looks like anti-i (or iH).  I.S. rx are 1+w with all cells except 2 cord bloods are 3+.  5 min @room temp screen cells are 1+, cords are 4+.  Auto ct is negative at both phases.  After  5 min at 4C screen cells and auto are 2+, cords are still 4+. I like anit-i.  Prewarmed studies with Peg/anti-IgG are negative (one cell +/-).   I'm calling him with anti-iH and a cold auto aggl, specificity undetermined.

The patient is B Pos.  2 B+ rbcs are compatible at immediate spin and at ahg using anti-IgG and PeG in a prewarmed system.    Pt receives 2 u post-op.  He also receive 1 u a year ago post-op (same serologies noted then).

I send him to my reference lab hoping to get a nice report that I can use to QA my workup.  They get unspecified cold.  That's it.  They don't run it vs cord cells HOWEVER, they do enzyme pretreat it and the reactivity goes away.  anti-Pr?  I'll have to test that out here with my remaining plasma and cord cells too.  He also has a very weak +DAT with anti-complement on his post transfusion specimen.  I'll have to check that too.

Any and all suggestions and comments will be gratefully accepted.

B)

• 8 months later...
On October 9, 2015 at 10:43 AM, David Saikin said:

So, I have this guy with what looks like anti-i (or iH).  I.S. rx are 1+w with all cells except 2 cord bloods are 3+.  5 min @room temp screen cells are 1+, cords are 4+.  Auto ct is negative at both phases.  After  5 min at 4C screen cells and auto are 2+, cords are still 4+. I like anit-i.  Prewarmed studies with Peg/anti-IgG are negative (one cell +/-).   I'm calling him with anti-iH and a cold auto aggl, specificity undetermined.

The patient is B Pos.  2 B+ rbcs are compatible at immediate spin and at ahg using anti-IgG and PeG in a prewarmed system.    Pt receives 2 u post-op.  He also receive 1 u a year ago post-op (same serologies noted then).

I send him to my reference lab hoping to get a nice report that I can use to QA my workup.  They get unspecified cold.  That's it.  They don't run it vs cord cells HOWEVER, they do enzyme pretreat it and the reactivity goes away.  anti-Pr?  I'll have to test that out here with my remaining plasma and cord cells too.  He also has a very weak +DAT with anti-complement on his post transfusion specimen.  I'll have to check that too.

B)

B)

Presumed to be anti-Pr when negative against ficin pretreated cells.