Antibody Titers

t my facility, we currently do not perform antibody Titers. I am the Lead Tech in the Blood Bank, And my supervisor told me that I could write and develop a procedure for doing Titers on prenatal patients. My question is, how can I validate this??? We currently send these Titers to our reference lab, so if I have nothing to test against, how can I validate this for my lab??? Plz help if you can!!!

You could titre the samples yourself before you send them - if the tires come back identical you have validated the process? 

You wouldn't need two samples for this necessarily either as you are only going to be removing 25ul from the sample (or 40ul if you use Ortho)

• 2 weeks later...

Antie-D is correct.  Also, is there a chance that your blood supplier or another hospital in the region that subscribes to a Proficiency Testing Program might give you their leftover survey specimens?  (Only after they have tested, submitted their results, and received their evaluation, of course.)

Donna