A1 lectin

lab217

Ah Donna, but it Monday evening here - and I've got to stay alert as Dee (my wife) has gone to A&E having sliced the top off her index finger in the kitchen (looks like a killing field out there at the moment), and so I am waiting up to see how she is.  Good job she'd finished cooking dinner first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes thanks Terri, she's back home now and feeling fine - although I suspect that once the shock wears off, it will be mighty painful.  Have no fears for me - she will never read the post about the dinner.  If she does, PathLabTalk will have one less member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Donna, but it Monday evening here - and I've got to stay alert as Dee (my wife) has gone to A&E having sliced the top off her index finger in the kitchen (looks like a killing field out there at the moment), and so I am waiting up to see how she is.  Good job she'd finished cooking dinner first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only time I have ever known of A subgroups to matter is when they cause a type discrepancy or in the case of kidney transfusion.  I remember doing anti-A1 titers on a potential kidney recipient to see if the subgroup recipient could tolerate an A1 donor.