Customized Checklists for inspection

aj2018

CAP has a custom checklist for blood banks specific to that blood bank and only includes standards that apply to that specific blood bank.  Its nice since you don't have to go through the whole master transfusion service checklist to find out what applies to your blood bank and what doesn't...

What about AABB? is there a way to get a custom checklist from them or we have to go through all the standards in all ten categories?

we are a small blood bank..we don't collect we don't irradiate and we don't pool or make components of any kind..we do limited antibody identification, type and screens, cord/rhogam testing, and very limited antigen typing.

thanks for the help :)

According to AABB at the recent Ask The Standards session, the standards will soon be in an online format only (some time next year hopefully?).  This way you can select the activities that you perform and then print your customized checklist.  There are supposed to be tabs/index of somekind that will make it easier to navigate as well.

How did you acquire a customized checklist from CAP? I didn't know this was an option!

I believe this is something new.  I have been told that we should be receiving our customized CAP checklist soon.  (Our next CAP inspection is due in the early months of 2015.)

Donna

I believe this is something new.  I have been told that we should be receiving our customized CAP checklist soon.  (Our next CAP inspection is due in the early months of 2015.)

Donna

We've had customized CAP checklists for quite a few years...6? 8?. You specify what you do or don't do and those things fall off your checklist.  I'm not sure how exactly that works but someone at CAP could tell you exactly what to do. It saves time (and trees) to get it pared down to your tests and services. Nicer for the inspector as well.