Typing Discrepancy Case Study

I have an interesting case study for y'all that I had at work today. 

Patient results:

Anti-A  4+

Anti-B  4+

Anti-D  4+

Rh control 0

A1 cells 3+

B cells 0

We have the patient history as a B positive in the computer.

What do you think is the cause of these discrepant results and what would you do to resolve?

Is there a way to review the typings that were B+?  Was the pt transfused as a B? I had this happen years ago before monoclonals. We had a donor who typed as B+; in evaluating monoclonal reagents this donor just happened to donate - typed as AB+ with anti-A1.  We had transfused the unit to a group B individual - they got and maintained a good increment from the transfusion.  The A ag was very weak on his rbcs.  Yours is definitely more interesting. 

Is there a way to review the typings that were B+?  Was the pt transfused as a B? I had this happen years ago before monoclonals. We had a donor who typed as B+; in evaluating monoclonal reagents this donor just happened to donate - typed as AB+ with anti-A1.  We had transfused the unit to a group B individual - they got and maintained a good increment from the transfusion.  The A ag was very weak on his rbcs.  Yours is definitely more interesting. 

Patient had history of multiple typings as a B positive. 

We use monoclonal reagents.

Patient is Hematology-Oncology patient.

Edited by Mosaics