Cell Washer

bxcall1

We primarily do gel testing but we keep our centifuge and cell washer for those patients that gel doesn't work well on.

My problem - I've got an old Dade 716 cell washer and the plastic liners are in need of replacement. Does anyone know of a source to purchase these parts? Or, maybe you've got a stash of liners from a retired cell washer that you'll never use?

Thanks,

Dave Z

I retired an ancient cell washer about 10 years ago when it died and replacement cost was $8K.  We use gel primarily with tube LISS as our backup.

We do so few tube screens that yes, believe it or not, we use the old, antiquated, but extremely cost effective manual washing with a squirt bottle of saline.  

It works for us and not doing maintenance and calibration on a manual cell washer was a big hit with the staff.  Good luck, have you tried Googling it?

I can think of a few techs who are ancient and should be retired (and I hope I'm not quite there yet). Have you tried your clinical engineering department, the guys who repair your equipment? I don't know who their sources are, but ours do a great job of beating the bushes and finding spare parts for old equipment. I can ask if you'd like.

Yes, I've Googled, called a half dozen lab repair/parts places and no luck yet.

If worse comes to worse I'll get out the rol of 100 mile tape!

Dr P - if your biomed guys find something I'd be indebted. Our biomed people tossed my DAC II a few years back because they were too cheap to fix it! So I'm not gong to complain to them about my one remaining good cell washer unless it starts smoking!

FYI - I've got a recently new Helmer in my cupboard but I do not like it. After so many years of being able to load 3-4 tubes at a time, one handed, in to the head of the Dade I can't get into having to reach down into the Helmer to load only one or two at a time.

Edited by bxcall1