He got the question right

Dr. Pepper

I have a not-serious question on each of my med tech student quizzes. I thought I'd share a current student's response to "Describe in 80,000 words or less why immunohematology is by far the most interesting department in the lab." I usually get charming BS like "Because Phil is awesome!", but this guy got a little deeper:

"While not as engaging as Micro, Immuno, Heme or Molecular on the surface, Immunohematology (aka blood bank) is much more mentally taxing. It requires one to think through a process logically, using the tools at one's disposal in the metaphorical tool box, to produce a resulting reaction one can use to reason an answer to a medically potentially dangerous situation. On a theoretical level, this requirement leads to the utilization of the full extent of one's mental capacity, causing it to be psychologically fulfilling, and therefore the superior department of choice for the intellectual medical lab scientist. Also, the word agglutination is funny."

I received so many competency quizzes back with no name on them that I decided this year that the first question would be "What is your Name?"  I got that from my 7th grade science teacher who's goal was that everyone would get at least one answer correct.  When the quiz was done, we would grade each other's papers in class and one day I had to ask if I should count off for mispelling the name.  My teacher was aghast!  Someone actually spelled his own name wrong.  So far I haven't had that problem with my staff.

Edited by BankerGirl

• 2 months later...