PathLab Talk Continuing Education Credit

Is there any way we can set up a continuing education program here on the PathLab Talk website? This site is so diverse and exceptional that it is vertually a one-stop shop for Lab info; especially Blood Bank. The only missing department is one that satisfies continuing educatonal needs for accrediting organizations world wide. I understand the difficulty in setting up this part; and maybe not entirely; but I think that it would be one of the best endevures for this site. It does not have to be built in a day; and it most certainly would be an evolutionary process for sure. So, lets talk about it. :rolleyes:

I really like the idea.  I see three hurdles though.

1. Programming:  This would take a fair amount of custom programming.  I would want it to integrate into the site so I could use the same credentials for the users.  I don't want them to have to log into two different systems.  I would also need an administrative end where I could create sections and assign users and a content experts section where they could create the material for the end user.  This would cost a fair amount of money.
  2. Accreditation: I looked into PACE accreditation.  This is definitely pretty easy to do, but again, it would cost a modest amount of money, annually.
  3. Content:  We would need content experts, and I agree we have many on this site, that would be willing to donate their time to create the modules.

Again, a wonderful idea.  It would take a good amount of time, and a fair amount of money to create.  I am very open to hearing suggestions on raising the money.  I would want the system to be free for the end users.

Thank you Cliff for your open feedback. I did post this with some hesitation. We have companies that advertise on this site. Would it be possible to ask for some donations from these companies as a sponsorship to generate the needed funds. I would be willing to donate time, as well as other site users, in the course of making connections in order to find sponsors. Can you provide a starting point, leads,etc...

Edited by rravkin@aol.com

If we can get there, I think this is an excellent idea of Ronald's.

I can help on the red cell antigen and antibody side of things, if others feel that they are able to help with the hospital blood transfusion, HLA, blood component and blood product, IT, etc, where my knowledge is rock bottom!