Meditech Emergency Issue & Electronic Crossmatches

Dansket - I figured out the charges from another facility.  It involved order groups reflexing a charge test based on results entered.  I can get you screen shots if you'd like.

I am interested in your screen shots for reflex charges with IXM,EXM AHGXM. I have meditech 5.66 and we are looking at EXM.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2014 at 1:57 PM, Dansket said:

When uncrossmatched blood has been issued (using the Emergency Release routine) and the patient has been subsequently found to qualify for the electronic crossmatch, Meditech does not enter default results of NP.  This has been reported to Meditech and they have acknowledged that this is a 'bug".   We developed a computer 'workaround' to avoid doing serologic crossmatches and entering serologic test results.

Did meditech ever fix your bug?

20 minutes ago, Darren said:

Did meditech ever fix your bug?

Not yet (I originally submitted request in 2011)!  Development prioritizes such requests. My request is on the bottom of the list because there are few users of both Electronic Crossmatch and Emergency Release.  So if you are interested, please BUG THEM!

First I have to get the pathologist to let us start using electronic crossmatch! I validated it and have been collecting info on how many specimens could qualify. It's a bit ridiculous because about 95% would. I'll definitely hound meditech about it when we go live. It seems like an easy and intuitive thing . . . maybe even they can grasp it.

When we were converting over to Meditech 15 yrs ago, we found an issue with emergency releases if it ordered the IS Xm and we found out later the patient had an antibody. We reported it to MT and we set up a XM profile that had the IS, gel, and tube Xm in it.  All are auto NP except the IS.  If we need to result something other than the IS, we NP it and change the NP on one of the other tests to the test result we performed.  We can't do electronic Xm with the version we have, but when we upgrade to 5.66, I would think we wouldn't have issues.

2 minutes ago, macarton said:

When we were converting over to Meditech 15 yrs ago, we found an issue with emergency releases if it ordered the IS Xm and we found out later the patient had an antibody. We reported it to MT and we set up a XM profile that had the IS, gel, and tube Xm in it.  All are auto NP except the IS.  If we need to result something other than the IS, we NP it and change the NP on one of the other tests to the test result we performed.  We can't do electronic Xm with the version we have, but when we upgrade to 5.66, I would think we wouldn't have issues.

That's a very good thing to keep in mind, thank you for posting that.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:05 PM, macarton said:

There is a Replace BBK Crossmatch Test routine, which can swap the IS XM mnemonic to your IAT XM test mnemonic.

• 3 weeks later...