Anti-Bg and Capture

Monique

Just found a nice fat one yesterday - 2 and 3+ reactions on a multiply transfused patient who already had anti-K and anti-Cw. Her antibody screen was actually negative yesterday (has been for several months) so we picked up the anti-Bga with the AHG (PeG) crossmatch. When I ran panels to see what new, weird thing she had decided to make, it popped up - clean reactions, perfect match.

About three weeks ago we found another one (and we are not a big facility). Again, a multiply transfused patient with other antibodies. She crossmatched cleanly with antigen negative units so I don't know if it was detectable in tube or not.

Capture is actually quite good at picking up Bg antibodies - just one of its quirks. Goes nicely with the extra warm autos you pick up :confuse:. If it wasn't so good at picking up real antibodies, I'd be a lot more annoyed by that.

Edited by AMcCord

Capture is actually quite good at picking up Bg antibodies - just one of its quirks. Goes nicely with the extra warm autos you pick up :confuse:. If it wasn't so good at picking up real antibodies, I'd be a lot more annoyed by that.

Heard it's also really good at picking up anti-Cw with stronger reactivity that you would normally see (or if at all depending on your technique)