Complement Control

Kathyang

• 2 weeks later...

We have been using the Hemobioscience check cells for a year without any major issues.  Usually our complement check cells are 1+ by tube and 3+ to 4+ using the gel buffer card.     We use to use Immucor's complement check cells and had several very weak to non existent reactions for QC, since we don't use alot of Immucor, Immucor's quoted price for us was high compared to Hemobioscience/Ortho pricing.

• 2 weeks later...

The Anti-C3d reagent I am using states to interpret the immediate spin reaction before you incubate? It is Monospecific for Anti-C3d, complement the majority of times needs to be incubated to be detected. I am trying to find out an explaination why perform the IS?

Since they are all too pricey (this item used to cost about $16 years ago ... until they became required by the CAP!) so we make our own ... every 2 weeks.  Sugar packet from the cafeteria, fresh donor cells from our therapeutic phlebotomy patients, saline and Alsever's Solution ... you do the math.

We run these as Pos (Anti-C3bd) and Neg (no reagent) controls each time we run the test (gel) to show that the reagent works for that test at that time.  (We don't run many Anti-Complement DATs.)

The Anti-C3d reagent I am using states to interpret the immediate spin reaction before you incubate? It is Monospecific for Anti-C3d, complement the majority of times needs to be incubated to be detected. I am trying to find out an explaination why perform the IS?

Does the direction insert require two centrifugations of the test, immediately and after incubation even if the immediate-spin test is positive?

Since they are all too pricey (this item used to cost about $16 years ago ... until they became required by the CAP!) so we make our own ... every 2 weeks.  Sugar packet from the cafeteria, fresh donor cells from our therapeutic phlebotomy patients, saline and Alsever's Solution ... you do the math.

We run these as Pos (Anti-C3bd) and Neg (no reagent) controls each time we run the test (gel) to show that the reagent works for that test at that time.  (We don't run many Anti-Complement DATs.)

Do yu mind sharing the SOP.  I think I will try to do this in my lab

Thanks