Electronic Crossmatch: Provue and Meditech 5.66

We are in the process of validating Electronic Crossmatching as a part of our upgrade to Meditech CS 5.66. I have ran into a problem with how the Provue interface transmits antibody screens. The antibody screen has to be set up as a "T" type test. For Meditech to do the required checking of screen results it has to be built as a "ABS" type test. Has anyone figured out a way around this? If anyone has, I would really appreciate some input because I'm not sure how to attack this. Thanks

The issue is not simply getting a negative screen from the Provue.

The antibody screen interp has to be set up as a T type test in Meditech for the Provue interface to work.

The electronic crossmatch function in Meditech requires a negative antibody screen interp to proceed with an electronic crossmatch. This antibody screen test has to be a ABS type test, it will not work with a T type test.

So the question is how to get from a T type test result to a ABS type result?  I could manually result a ABS type test but would much prefer the result coming from the interface.

I don't know if this will make sense or not, but our Meditech ABSC (a ABS test) is made up of the T tests that allow us to result the screening cells into the computer and then the calculation interprets the screening cell results and results the ABS test "ABSC".  Only the ABSC interpretation transmits to the chart, so that will probably be like the piece needed by the computer to allow the system to see a "positive" or "negative" ABSC.  We have not tried for elexctronic crosmatching yet, but that is how our system handles the ABSC.  Good luck - ain't Meditech fun!

Our antibody screen test is configured with two T tests, Cell 1 and Cell 2.  These two tests are used to enter the serological test results of screen cell 1 and screen cell 2.  Then Meditech calculates the Interpretation.

• 2 months later...

The issue is not simply getting a negative screen from the Provue.

The antibody screen interp has to be set up as a T type test in Meditech for the Provue interface to work.

The electronic crossmatch function in Meditech requires a negative antibody screen interp to proceed with an electronic crossmatch. This antibody screen test has to be a ABS type test, it will not work with a T type test.

So the question is how to get from a T type test result to a ABS type result?  I could manually result a ABS type test but would much prefer the result coming from the interface.

Gerald,

How have you resolved this issue?

Dan

Edited by Dansket

I'm not the computer guru but from how I understand it, we're set up similar to you Dansket.

Our ABS test has 4 component tests underneath it: SCI1GEL, SC2GEL, SC3GEL, and interpretation. The interpretation carries over to the result of the ABS test, as positive or negative.

Hopefully we don't run into these problems because we are in validation stages for 5.66, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

We ran into similiar issues.  EXM will not work unless the antibody intepretation is set up as an "ABS" type test. We had no other option other than to convert our "T" type antibody interpretation test to an "ABS" type test.  We then ran into problems with the ProVue interface.  It turned out that the ProVue's "Neg" interpretation did not match Meditech's "Negative" interpretation.  This required a programing change by Meditech since the ProVue software is hardwired.  Hope that helps.