Difficulties While Viewing New Content

Cliff,

I really like the new format of this site.  I do have a question/problem I have not been able to figure out.  When I sign into the site after being away for a bit (several hours to days) I select View New Content.  When this selection is made initially I see 4 posts with "new" replies.  After I have worked my way through those posts, if I hit View New Content again I see a single thread with "new" posts.  After viewing this new set of replies, if I select View New Content again I will see a single thread.  This continues until I have finally proceeded through all of the threads with new posts.  I thought perhaps I was just seeing threads appear that had been updated since my previous selection of View New Content, but the time stamps of the posts the show up anew are not from within that time frame (i.e. they are older sometimes several hours to days old that did not show up originally).  I hope this makes sense.  Help please??

Me too...

Just kidding.

This is one of the features I really like about this software compared to the software we had.

There are time periods and I think it might remember the one you selected.

When you click View New Content, look over on the left, there is a section in the list that says "By time period".

Try selecting "New since my last visit".

Do you have the same issue?  The site cache's your info, I think it takes 15 minutes to clear.  That might be a part of it too.

Cliff,

I tried the setting change suggested.  The three items that appeared when I first logged on were the only items showing.  When I switched back to the "Items I have not read" setting more items appeared one at a time.  I did not wait for the 15 minutes, but will give that a shot later today.

I've tried all the different setting options and it still only lists at most 4 things when I first log on for the day and if I want to check the rest of the list I have to click view new content again to view any others, one at a time.