Innovance d-dimer kit

BUGGIE

Innovance reagents are good for 4 weeks refrigerated in their original vials. Is it acceptable to run tests using the original container and put them back in the fridge after running tests, in that way we will not waste reagents when reagents are just left in the machine? We really get low volume of D-Dimer request.

We have been using the Innovance on our CA1500 for about two years now. We do just as you have suggested and have had no problems at all. We do remove the DDQ reagent immediately when testing is complete. (By the way, you do not need to keep the gray stopper in the reagent. We called Siemens because techs were neglecting to remove it and we had a few probe crashes.) We do go through the 50 test kit in about two weeks. Our QC SDI and CVI's have been fantastic! Hope that helps. Lauri

• 4 years later...

Hi Lauri,can you help me explaining what means the err401 tran light low when measured the D-Dimer reagent?Is something realeted with the volume of water that we dissolve the reagent?Thank you.Vera

Sorry, I am no longer at a facility with a manual where I could look up this error code. The code is not familiar so I think your best bet would,be to call the company. Sorry I could not be more helpful!

• 2 months later...

We do this at our hospital. Our rep told us that we can put them on and off for up to 2 weeks. We try to take them off the analyzer at 1 hour. We always run one level of control when we put them back on to be sure we put everything in the right place. We also change them out of the bottles and into 2ml cups when volumes get low. Once they go into the 2ml cups they stay on the analyzer for 24 hrs then they're done. We squeeze out every drop of reagent!!