Recommend Vendors for QMS Quality Management, templates, doc. control

ImVera

Can anyone offer recommendations for a vendor offering electronic qulaity managements systems, QMS templates and document control sytems? We are a small lab transitioning from a research mode to become a CLIA diagnostic lab.

I disagree Malcolm. We use Q-Pulse 5 and it is extremely complicated. I get so many e-mails telling me such and such is due for review or to be authorised etc its as annoying as getting spam. I regularly have 30+ emails from Q-Pulse reminding me of silly things like the folder spine names need their annual review or the title page of a method needs reviewing that it gets in the way of actual work. The system of checking out and checking in documents and whether they are in draft mode or active mode is needlessly complex.

• 2 weeks later...

We use Q-Pulse Ver 5.7. I agree with Malcolm. It is great from a manager's perspective. A bit painful to set up, but once up and running your work can be set to flag for the coming week / month or whatever tie you like. I am the administrator in the hospital for it and it can be tweaked to suit you (can set up templates). It takes the backbreak out of ver updating, approval and distribution and only one emergency copy of SOPs need to be kept - the rest is available electronically at all workstations wherever there is a PC. SOP review dates can also be set. It also has Audit, Customer, Training, CAPA, People (staff records), Suppliers, Assets and administration modules on it as well.

I personally love it. It has stopped my life becoming hell and has saved a number of trees already.

Cheers

Eoin

• 3 weeks later...