EXM using SoftBank

Hi,

I am looking for anyone who is currently doing the EXM with SoftBank and has built a dummy ABORh test to input historical typing. I would love you hear the components of the test as our LIS is having difficulty building a simple test which will trigger the ABO counter.

Hi Chris. We use EXM with SoftBank (and LOVE IT!!!). We had a data conversion, which brought all of our historical blood types over for us. Are you not doing a data conversion, or are you just talking about paper cards that need to be entered?

I don't see any reason that you couldn't make a test (HABO: historical ABO?) and enter the results manually. Then make canned messages to add as comments to the results that the results were taken from historical records. Then I would give the card to another tech, and have them go in to check for accuracy and initial the card to make sure no clerical errors were made.

Call me if you want to discuss. I have some meetings this morning, but am free this afternoon. 845-333-0138

We order the patient retype test, result each phase with NT (not tested) and enter the historical interpretation. When the exception for the interpreation comes up, we respond with a canned message. We have a canned message called HIST which translates as "Historical Blood Type from (name of previous BBIS)". It works well for us and has not given us problems during inspections, including the FDA.

• 4 months later...

We order a retype (RETYB) & "no charge" it and enter the results in Softbank exactly as they appear on the historical record, along with a comment "?Taken from paper history. Work-up done by(tech) on (date)."  Our system is set up to hide comments from the report if they're preceded with a question mark.