Hi

Anti-Jamz

Hi all,

I am a fairly new tech with 2.5 years experience in the blood bank.

Blood bank is my first job and I am loving it thus far. I am thinking of taking the SBB exam and this site has provide me with so many informations. I am learning something new everyday.

There are so many brilliant people out here and I am looking forward to be part of this group. :)

Jamie.

WELL COME jamie , ya you are right we learne here alot i visit here every day once atleast its wonderfull , so many experience persons are here like mabel and malcolm needs , cliff , dr paper , liz and so on....

you will find the people here who's passion is blood banking

Welcome Jamie. I second that there are people with tons of experience on here with a passion for blood banking. I have learned so many things on here and have gotten advice or ideas so many times.

welcome. your are also one of the lucky persons as i am.there is onething which makes this site learning portal and that is everyone here adds something more to the comments. i feel that every one here thinks, its a moral responsibility to add and share the knowledge. i have never seen any site were there is such a competition in pouring knowledge.

Welcome..I know that I use this site as a resource often. Especially in my cuttent position. The wise woman that got me started on this path many years ago taught the "CASE" method of blood banking. She told us to "copy and steal everything", that any procedure you are writing as most likely been written before. This is such a great site for sharing ideas, policies and procedures. Ifeel that I always have "back-up" in anything I am trying to accomplish.

She was (and still is though not working in the profession anymore) a very wise woman that taught me a lot. The other one that I love and use often (when someone is really beating themselves up over an error) is "as long as no one dies we can normally fix anything else"

Here's one of my favorite quotes (stolen long ago) for when you are struggling to give serologically incompatible blood (warm auto for example) to someone who is bleeding out:

"Incompatible crossmatches are sometimes fatal, but death is always fatal"

Here's one of my favorite quotes (stolen long ago) for when you are struggling to give serologically incompatible blood (warm auto for example) to someone who is bleeding out:

"Incompatible crossmatches are sometimes fatal, but death is always fatal"

Ah, we must still be talking about transfusing Bombays!

• 2 weeks later...