Anti-Ku and PEG masking

Hello all,

I know someone on here knows what I am talking about. At AABB this year there was a presentation about a study that was done (in think in Canada) about a patient with anti-Ku who needed blood and the study was looking at masking the antigen on blood using PEG in order to not stimulate the immune system. Does anyone know if the slides for that presentation or a similar one are somewhere online? Or if they know who did it that I might be able to get a hold of the slides?

I found it absolutely facinating and I wanted to share it with my staff, but I couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance,

Jen

Unfortunately, as I understand it, pegylation of red cell antigens to mask various antigens has now all but been abandoned. It would appear that some patients became immunised to the polyethylene glycol itself, and rendered them all but untransfusable.

I can't remember the paper, but I think it involved George Garratty as one of the authors. I'll try to remember, but don't hold your breath.