p Value?

janet

She was a -D- (a novel mutation in the RHCE gene when we first reported her in 2009 - Needs ME, Tilley L, Poole J, Mathlouthi R, Marsh J, Ross K, Win N. A Novel RHCE Allele Resulting in a D-- Phenotype. Transfusion Medicine 2009; 19 (Suppl. 1): 24.), at which stage she had only produced an anti-E. She developed the expected anti-Hro at a later stage.

• 3 years later...

Hi!

If you could not lower the p value to 0.05 or less, what would be the p value cutoff for a possibility of an antibody? Like, to consider as a prophylactic or proactive approach to give antigen negative units to the patient. 

Thanks Guys!

Paolo

Hi DCE/ce!

Thanks for the info.

We also do proactively  give antigen negative units to possible antibodies, proven or not. Nevertheless, full crossmatch is  required for all with an antibody in question.

But my question is, for curiosity purposes, that if the p vaule of 0.05 or lower is a marker of a  probabillity of the prescence of an antibody, what would be the maximum p value to consider it as a possibility and thus add it to your detections.

Hope one of our masters sees my dilemma..

Paolo

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2016 at 10:14 AM, Lingkwyz said:

Hi DCE/ce!

Thanks for the info.

We also do proactively  give antigen negative units to possible antibodies, proven or not. Nevertheless, full crossmatch is  required for all with an antibody in question.

But my question is, for curiosity purposes, that if the p vaule of 0.05 or lower is a marker of a  probabillity of the prescence of an antibody, what would be the maximum p value to consider it as a possibility and thus add it to your detections.

Hope one of our masters sees my dilemma..

Paolo

anyone?

On 7/14/2016 at 6:49 PM, macarton said:

We have a collection of different colored highlighters that we use on the panel sheet, different color to mark each suspected antibody and go from there.

Thanks for the input macarton.

I actually am looking for a range or values from the p value that could create a possibility of an antibody  above 0.05