Geoff Daniels books

Mabel Adams

I have both books. Human Blood Groups covers blood groups 001-026 extremely thoroughly. The chapter on ABO, Hh and Lewis groups is 91 pages, and 28 of those pages are references (881 references for one chapter). It is excellent. There is a lot of biochemistry and molecular genetics. Geoff Daniels explains things well.

The Essential Guide to Blood Groups is a small, beautifully-made and illustrated paperback that covers the essential facts of each blood group, but it also has some nice information on testing techniques, antigen/antibody biochemistry, flow cytometry, molecular testing, QA in the immunohematology laboratory, trouble-shooting and problem solving. I think this book is great for a Blood Bank beginner or a generalist. I like using it to illustrate points to my coworkers. The information is basic, but it is easy to read and, as I said, beautifully illustrated.

Edited by cbaldwin

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the new edition of Human Blood Groups (I will now have all of 3 them). It was a pre-order from Barnes and Nobel. The expected delivery date is in April 2013! That is really pre-order. :) It is a fantastic book. The Essentials book is also very good.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...