Temperature Monitoring Systems

Marcia Marchese

Hello Marcia,

Usually, calibration should be done once a year. Calibration is not only comparing temperatures of your device to a standard. You might want to adjust your thermometer, and have its temperature compensated (temperature read +/- gap discovered during your calibration). I would suggest you to ask directly your provider. Most of them offer this service, and provide you a certificate of calibration.

There are several standard around the world. NIST is mostly recognized in North America.

hoep this helps,

Benoît

• 3 months later...

I cannot find annual calibration records for our calibrated thermometers. My boss says they are to be sent off for calibration. To whom do I send them?? The one calibration record I could find was from 2004 and I can't find that company anymore. :no:

I cannot find annual calibration records for our calibrated thermometers. My boss says they are to be sent off for calibration. To whom do I send them?? The one calibration record I could find was from 2004 and I can't find that company anymore. :no:

Hello Kirkaw,

Would it be acceptable for you to have them verified only? I mean that your thermometers to be compared to a standard, and a certificate edited, showing that its accuracy is acceptable and within a certain limit. That would be my only suggestion, as I am not certain if a company could compensate a thermometer that is not theirs...It should also depends on the model you have..

Benoît

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know what the acceptable Humidity levels are in the laboratory?

You have to check your specs for your instrumentation. The range for our Blood Bank instrument, the Tango, is 10-90% so we monitor our humidity with our Temperature Monitoring System, TempSys.

Chemistry has a tighter range, I think one of their analyzers has to be above 30%.

Kirkaw,

Our thermometers are calibrated on a yearly basis.  We send them to Thermco Products, INC

phone:  973-300-9100

fax:  973-255-1000

We send ours to Essco Calibration Laboratory once per year. Pretty inexpensive, and they have it back to you in a few days. 800-325-2201