Exciting times

This sounds like a boast, but it isn't meant like that at all.

We've had some really great samples in in the last month (or just under).

1 x anti-Lan.

1 x anti-k.

1 x Oh.

1 x anti-Gya.

1 x anti-Joa.

Kudos to Joyce Poole and Nicole Thornton (who has taken over from Joyce, since Joyce retired) and their team for identifying the anti-Lan, the anti-Gya and the anti-Joa for us, because they foxed us - although we should have got the anti-Lan ourselves (black mark for me there).

I love working in red cell immunohaematology at NHSBT-Tooting Centre. We have such a great ethnic mix of patients that we see all sorts of antibodies that most people wouldn't see in their entire professional career. I am so lucky.

Right - that's me confirmed as a nerd then, if that fact wasn't already confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was never a nerd.. have I become one? hehehe, :D please define nerd "today" or what are the prerequisites to become a nerd?

We had an anti-Jr(a) in a sample at our reference centre a few years ago and that was quite exciting......???Nerd Alert??? :)

I usually visit this site a few times a week and gain new knowledge each visit!

It doesn't even take a rare antibody to get me excited about the work that we do. There is always something to get my juices flowing. I love explaining the the little things that make blood bank so interesting to my techs. I guess that really makes me a BB nerd and proud to be one.

:highfive:

I enjoy learning as I also have too much to still learn from this wonderful Site. Although I am still striving to become a BloodBank Talk nerd,I am not one yet, so please count me in with your wanna be Nerds.

I love this site.........and all of us we love you David Saikin and also our Professor Malcolm Needs.

I love this site . . . and all you posters too. Guess that makes me a nerd too (I hope). . . . and for what it is worth, Malcolm, I wish I could come and hang at your place for awhile . . . I'm certain that my BB IQ would increase exponentially. Thanks for all you do for all of us.

This sounds like a boast, but it isn't meant like that at all.

We've had some really great samples in in the last month (or just under).

1 x anti-Lan.

1 x anti-k.

1 x Oh.

1 x anti-Gya.

1 x anti-Joa.

Kudos to Joyce Poole and Nicole Thornton (who has taken over from Joyce, since Joyce retired) and their team for identifying the anti-Lan, the anti-Gya and the anti-Joa for us, because they foxed us - although we should have got the anti-Lan ourselves (black mark for me there).

I love working in red cell immunohaematology at NHSBT-Tooting Centre. We have such a great ethnic mix of patients that we see all sorts of antibodies that most people wouldn't see in their entire professional career. I am so lucky.

Right - that's me confirmed as a nerd then, if that fact wasn't already confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fun month--amazing mix of antibodies!! I too am a confirmed nerd (always have been), and happy to own it!

And to quote Bill Gates-"Be nice to the nerds-Chances are you will end up working for one."

I love this site . . . and all you posters too. Guess that makes me a nerd too (I hope). . . . and for what it is worth, Malcolm, I wish I could come and hang at your place for awhile . . . I'm certain that my BB IQ would increase exponentially. Thanks for all you do for all of us.

Good idea Dave, let us all go and hang out for a while at Malcolm's. :boogie::clap:that would be fun with a big mixture of BB discussions. Can you imagine!!!

Two days ago I saw Malcolm list of antibodies, and at first there was a little bit envy ( why dont we see such nice antibodies in one month).

But...

Today we have a patient that is D+C- and has made an anti C + D. We tested the cells and the G antigen is negative.

18 years ago we have found such a patient for the fist and teh last time.

So, I am very, very, very, happy :D :D :D

Beside a Rh fan I am also an Rh nerd. Happy to join the club.

• 1 month later...
I enjoy learning as I also have too much to still learn from this wonderful Site. Although I am still striving to become a BloodBank Talk nerd,I am not one yet, so please count me in with your wanna be Nerds.

I love this site.........and all of us we love you David Saikin and also our Professor Malcolm Needs.

I wholeheartedly agree

I don't think I qualify as a nerd, at least not now. I have a long way to go, but I am learning new things, getting help from all the discussions that are ongoing. Also I still haven't found a really exciting elusive antibody that many of you all have - but we did have one A3 blood group and one Ax blood group in the last few months.

Yes, do count me in one of your wannabes!!:bow: