Transport of FFP

khalidm3

WOW - that is a lot of FFP. You need to validate that the amount of dry ice will still be substantial when the product gets to its destination. Don't ask me how much to put in. Must be a rather large container so I would assume a rather large am't of dry ice too.

I haven't the faintest idea either, but this question needs to go to some of the blood distribution networks in your region. They might have the knowledge and experience to answer your question. It will take special temperature change resistent packages, careful packing (to prevent breakage of the FFP in transit) and and a lot of dry ice for each box depending on your time on the ground and ambient temperatures while on the ground. Also - just a thought - I don't know how much dry ice an individual plane can carry before there would be CO2 problems aboard the plane, so you may have to work that out with regional carriers too. Dry ice is considered a hazard in some circumstances.

Best of luck - sounds like a big job.