Micro Audits

LJE

I have been asked to 'look after' the audits....

mmmm ok, where to start ..

I have a schedule..from the QPULSE system

So this is internal audits.

The first one I will be tackling is the equipment audit.

Does anyone have some advice on the best way to go about this..so as to do it well and thoroughly..??

First of all Look at current SOP..is the department following SOP? 1) Unique identifier for each equipment 2)user manual fosr all equip. 3) compare QC & PM requirement in SOP against user manaul (you will be surprised to see some manuf. requirement omitted from current schedule 4) IS the end user completing all PM s as indicated in SOP/user manual. I will see if I have equipment audit form.

Are you in Micro? As we blood banker have very strick requirements. & if you are CAP accrediated---you need to follow manufacturer;s requirment...and if you do not follow then you have to show some type of validation to prove that the system you are using is comparable or better than what is required by manuf.

Thanks for that.

Yes it's micro.

I have a list of checks to do, but thought it would be reasonable to select say 3 pieces of equipment rather than trying to cover them all. Is that normally acceptable?

Yes. That is a good start. Are you the supervisor of same department?

If no.....give your report to supervisor and if you see lots of problem...give your recommendation that deparment should revist SOP and look at all equipments ......after that is done...you can audit again...include those three equipment plus select few more. This way you can be effective. When you select equipment, select different type of equipment 1) bacti-alert 1) centrifuge...etc...

If yes....and you were not involved in writing SOPs or scheduling those PMs...I would do 100% audit ...this way you will be done once and all. Anyone comes and check, you will know that you have looked at all user manuls, following manuf. recommendation..etc. It will be lots of work now but believe me in long run you will appreciate it as you will be always ready....