Immucor rh control

Hi Mari - Saline, albumin, or commercial control should all "work" for monoclonal anti-D reagents, but I think you need the control specified in the package insert for your particular anti-D. We use Immucor series 4 anti-D, which says their Monoclonal Control "can be used" (odd phrasing, rather than "should" or "must"). Is the discontinued reagent the high-protein one? If it's the Monoclonal Control, I'm in for an unpleasant surprise next time I order some!

Phil, that's why I was asking, since I thought the "blank" Rh control should match the reagent. We also use Immucor Anti-D series 4, and yes it is the high-protein one that is being discontinued. Ours expires June 8th!!

Which is the Monoclonal control? Do you have the product number? Thanks!

We make a RH control, 6% albumin: Sometimes our albumin supply is limited so we have added directions for both of the concentrations we are able to buy.

6% Albumin Made from 30% Albumin. Check %

§ From 22%: 1 ml 22% Albumin to 2.6 ml Saline.

§ From 30%: 1 ml 30% Albumin to 4.0 ml Saline

Phil, that's why I was asking, since I thought the "blank" Rh control should match the reagent. We also use Immucor Anti-D series 4, and yes it is the high-protein one that is being discontinued. Ours expires June 8th!!

Which is the Monoclonal control? Do you have the product number? Thanks!

Should be product 66089. Phil

They also say it's appropriate for all Immucor and Gamma-clone monoclonal antisera.

Edited by Dr. Pepper
afterthought

Mabel, you are right. I just followed what we had been ordering for the past several years before I took over last year. So this is a good thing, and I will check everything else to make sure we are ordering the appropriate checks and balances!