Polyspecific

Interesting - I have seen this as well, weak reactivity with the poly AHG but negative with the anti-IgG and anti-C3b,C3d. According to my manufacturer (Immucor), it's the exact same clones in the monospecifics that are combined in the polyspecific, so one would think one or the other monospecific would react if the poly reacts. What may be different is how much the reagents are diluted, resulting in slight differences in sensitivity as suggested by Mabel.

• 3 years later...

Who uses poly vs IgG AHG for tube T/S and XM?

Just an aside:  I remember when the big "switch" to EDTA specimens was happening.  The poly users were busting my chops 'cuz I used anti-IgG . . . they said I couldn't detect complement activation.  To the EDTA users I said "neither can you".  I haven't used polyAHG in over 20 yrs.  Most of the hospitals around me (gel and tube users) only carry IgG cards or anti-IgG, they send me their DATs for complement testing so I would guess that in Northern NH/Vt there are no polyAHG users (that I am aware of).