Helmer dh8 plasma thawer

MAGNUM

I just recently ordered and purchased a DH8. My question is what are the steps to putting this piece of equipment into use. Is it similar to the refers and freezers in taking of temps etc? :confused::confused:

The book will talk you through set-up, which is basically setting a set point for temperature, calibrating the temperature control, setting alarm high activation and low activation. After we did that, we followed the temperature readings for a week and then we put it in service.

What is their set point and high alarm? I believe it is not in conformance with AABB std. I believe we had to change it to make sure we do not get cited. I believe some hospital got cited if they kept same as company provided.

We also did IQ, OQ and PQ. Their user manual is really good. Follow it and use it for validation. We also validated our timings for different plasma volume as the timings for thawing provided by company are not same. We came up with our own numbers and posted on thawer which are higher than company claim.

We set our set point to 35.5 and our high alarm at 36.9. Daily temp is typically 35.6. Yes, you are right, whatever Helmers set point is, is too high. I don't remember off-hand what it is. The set up manual is very user friendly.