Rhophylac

butlermom

Our shipment of Rhophylac (Rh Immune Globulin) was delivered to pharmacy by mistake and was brought to us a day later. It remained at room temperature in the pharmacy for just under 24 hours. Will the potency or integrity of the product be significantly affected that we should discard the shipment, or is it safe to use?

Thank you.

Kathryn

Our shipment of Rhophylac (Rh Immune Globulin) was delivered to pharmacy by mistake and was brought to us a day later. It remained at room temperature in the pharmacy for just under 24 hours. Will the potency or integrity of the product be significantly affected that we should discard the shipment, or is it safe to use?

Thank you.

Kathryn

If you contact the producers, and you can't use it, I would also contact the people who delivered it, and the pharmacy who accepted it, and get them to pay for any replacements, because, looking from afar, it looks like ti was delivered to the wrong place, and the wrong place accepted it.

• 1 month later...

I would get written docuemnt from company before using it for the patient unless insert says that it could be stored at RT for upto 24 hrs. If insert doesn't say this and storage requirement is 2-8C, you would need some kind of written info from company. I would also get approval from medical director.

• 8 months later...

I would get accounting docuemnt from aggregation afore application it for the accommodating unless admit says that it could be stored at RT for upto 24 hrs. If admit doesn't say this and accumulator claim is 2-8C, you would charge some affectionate of accounting advice from company. I would additionally get approval from medical director.

If you contact medical affairs of any of the companies that make an RhIG, they can send a letter which states the room temp for their product. Actually none of the US RhIG's have ever had a 9 months time table. Rhogam and HyperRho are significantly shorter. There is another thread on this subject too.

• 2 weeks later...

Our addition of Rhophylac (Rh Immune Globulin) was delivered to pharmacy by aberration and was brought to us a day later. It remained at allowance temperature in the pharmacy for aloof beneath 24 hours. Will the authority or candor of the artefact be decidedly afflicted that we should abandon the shipment, or is it safe to use?