anti-f (again)

jschlosser

Or where I can find information. I did a search of this site and didn't find all that much, which confuses me because I think it's talked about alot. I also searched the internet and what I found didn't explain it well. Thanks

If a DCe/DcE patient receives Rh negative blood (usually dce/dce)then they may develop anti-f ?

The Rh genotypes DCe/DCe and DCe/DcE can make anti-f whereas DCe/dce, DcE/dce and dce/dce can cause the anti-f to be made if transfused into the first two genotypes? What about auto anti-f. Is there a tendency of any paticular genotype to make it more often? It occurs often with anti-c?

• 1 month later...

If a DCe/DcE patient receives Rh negative blood (usually dce/dce)then they may develop anti-f ? --> I would say yes because the recipient does not have the 'f' antigen (you need to remember that the ce antigens must be inherited from the same haplotype ie the same parent); the donor does express the 'f'antigen, therefore the recipient may form Anti-f.

The Rh genotypes DCe/DCe and DCe/DcE can make anti-f whereas DCe/dce, DcE/dce and dce/dce can cause the anti-f to be made if transfused into the first two genotypes? --> yes, see above.

What about auto anti-f. Is there a tendency of any paticular genotype to make it more often? It occurs often with anti-c? --> not sure but there's just about auto-anti-anytying... Marion Reed's book might give you a better idea about the frequency of this occurring.