PEG vendor comparisons

Does anyone have experience with how Hemobioscience and Quotient/Alba PEG compare with Immucor's? I know Quotient just released a version that uses 2 drops instead of the 4 they use in Europe so I would be most interested in the new version. I asked if it was low ionic strength like I think the Immucor PEG is but the rep didn't know.

Any shared experience with these would be a great help.

I found the Hemobioscience to sometimes give marginally weaker reactions than Immucor's. Most of the time the reactions were equivalent. I used frozen pt abs: anti-E, anti-D,-C. I have used the HB product for almost a year - it works fine for absorptions and antibody work.

Hi Mabel,

As I understand it, the 4 drop method is required when normal ionic strength PEG solutions (i.e. 20% PEG in PBS) are used.

Since the Hemo bioscience PEG reagent is Low Ionic Strength, only two drops are required for antibody screen/identification testing procedures.

Do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or require further information.

Thanks,

Jimmy Lowery, MT(ASCP)

Operations Manager

Hemo bioscience

j.lowery@hemobioscience.com

1-866-332-2835