Hi!!

bloodbankninja

Hi people! I'm Shannon, I graduated with my BS in Medical Technology last spring, and started my first job in September, part time in the blood bank at the hospital where I did my clinicals. For a while I was only working a couple days a week, but then someone quit and one of the night shift techs is seriously ill, so now I basically work full time hours. And I'm also trying to train in the micro lab.. I say trying because with all the time I work in blood bank there's usually not too many hours left over for micro. I'll probably end up taking like six months to get trained there at the rate I'm going.

I'm trained on nights but I haven't done too many night shifts, just here and there covering for people, but with my co worker being in the hospital I'm probably going to end up with most of her shifts this summer. It kind of scares me being alone in the blood bank in case something happens, but obviously I have to get over it. I've only done one emergency release ever and I panicked for a few seconds but I got it done and remembered all the paperwork.

Anyway I love working in the blood bank, and it's nice to find this forum where I can talk to all you experienced blood bankers!

• 1 month later...