Does anyone have experience with temperature monitoring system from Aeroscout?

Mabel Adams

My hospital recently purchased the Aeroscout system. At one point I was asked for some information regarding Blood Bank requirements and I took that opportunity to suggest several other vendors that I know are familiar with our requirements (having never heard of Aeroscout). Regardless, they purchased the Aeroscout system. I later arranged a conference call because I wanted to know what other facilities were using their system in their blood banks, what kind of validation support they might offer, etc. When I asked for a local reference (I live in California), they referred me to a hospital in Sao Paulo, Brazil! Needless to say, they are newcomers to this industry. I volunteered to move the blood bank to the second phase of our installation; to my knowledge they have had multiple problems with phase one and are still not getting reports (it's been several months). Wish I had something positive to say as this will be my system, but so far, not so much.

• 9 years later...

I want to bring up this topic again.  It's been ten years since the original post.  Is anyone using aeroscout remote temp sensor for their blood bank monitoring?  I have been playing with a test device.  It has a locator so I am wondering if anyone throws these devices in coolers to accompany the blood to Surgery?  I can see exactly where our BB cooler is at any time!  I am thinking that if I create a full temp report  (every 5 minute) of the cooler while it is in Surgery, I can let them keep blood longer than 4 hours (as long as we validate the coolers to maintain temp beyond 4 hours).

Anyone using a remote temp sensor to this capacity?