Using Checklists

RR1

I am just trying to find out how folks really feel about using checklists in the lab for all key functions, e.g Routine grouping areas, crossmatching bench, 'other miscellaneous' tasks. We have recently introduced new ones to cover things which tended to get overlooked but are actually very important to a well functioning lab, but these are seen to be onerous to staff trying to use them.

What sort of tasks do you add to your checklists- and how do you assign responsibilities to completing these?

I am especially interested in following:daily review of incidents, recall/ quarantine events, inputting referred sample reports, checking antibody panels, checking QC logs/ equipment maintenance logs etc...what some people would call peripheral lab tasks.

thanks!

WE do have daily check lists, for individual areas, and 2 Overall ones. They list maintenance and QC items, and a check to see it the prior shift did their stuff! It is tedious but we have come to find that they are memory joggers and we rely on them. Esp good for people who float.

The dept supervisors also have monthly chek off list - reviews of stuff like QC, calibrations, inventory are here.

These list have gone through many changes, but if you're interested, I can send you some.

Well I hope I attahced these files correctly.

I have included checklists of our

• Core 1 and Core 2 areas - Daily
  • Instrument Problem Log - as needed
  • Daily Chem analyzer - daily
  • QC result check off sheet - daily
  • Dep Supervisor Monthly Checkoff list -monthly
  • Daily BB check off list - daily

Boy, we kill a lot of trees. These do help us stay on track. Little things can easily get lost.

[ATTACH]408[/ATTACH]

Core 1 checklist.xls

Core 2 Checklist MAY2010.xls

Instrument Problem Log ver 2.doc

RXL DAILY QC SURVEILLANCE.xls

Periodic Supervisory Review checklist-Chem.xls

BB monthly review ver2.xls