62 members have voted

1. 1. Pick BloodBankTalk's new name / web address

• [url]http://www.pathlabtalk.com/[/url]
    • [url]http://www.pathtalk.com/[/url]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my Blood Bank Talk and pass the word to my Blood Bank friends, but I'm selfish and hate to see it change. IF it has too, I feel the first choice is more comprehensive. Even better, bbpathlabtalk

:heartbrea:heartbrea:heartbrea

Edited by KKidd
my heart is broken!!

How is the entire site going to change? Is it going to be different lab "sections" under one main page, now? You could call the main page "LabTalk.com" and then go to the sub-section you want; blood bank talk, micro talk, heme talk, chem talk, etc.

I dont like the other name choices it some how takes away the specialty of blood banking. Keep the current name if at all possible!!!!

Sorry, I have never been good at sharing. I like BLOOD BANK TALK just the way it is.

I understand people are a little anxious things will change for the worse. I assure you, that is not the plan. We want to keep BloodBankTalk just like it is now, but make it bigger and better.

More users will mean more posts and greater search engine exposure. The more people that visit the site, the better the contributions.

I too am very fond of the current web address, I've dedicated many, many hours over the past 5+ years to this site, and am very proud of what we've built together. I agree it would be nice to keep the same web address; however, I think it would be unfair and unwelcoming to our new additions if the URL remained BloodBankTalk.com - hence the attempt at a more neutral address.

I have updated the Blog listed in the first post with more details. Feel free to post your comments here or in the Blog.

Cliff, I think this is a spectacular idea and I'm looking forward to its implementation. BBT has already been a big help on several occasions when I was stuck with a problem patient at work, the increased exposure and pool of contributors can only be a step towards even better shared information. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this, wish I was able to help you out.

Yes BB Talk seems to be to the point ----Name to use. Tthis attracted me in the first place Why change ????? Seems like someone has a lot time on their hands. Linkeblood, BloodFace, FaceBlood, Blood Link, on and on

How is the entire site going to change? Is it going to be different lab "sections" under one main page, now? You could call the main page "LabTalk.com" and then go to the sub-section you want; blood bank talk, micro talk, heme talk, chem talk, etc.

I like Lisa's idea.... call the home page LabTalk.com, then name each of the sections accordingly as BloodBank Talk, Micro Talk, Pathology Talk, etc.

Nooooo. I like this name it says what this site is. It is not that we do not like change it is that the name is so appropriate. Cliff, could you please elaborate on the new additions and who are the people you wish to attract?

Thanks,

Liz

Nooooo. I like this name it says what this site is. It is not that we do not like change it is that the name is so appropriate. Cliff, could you please elaborate on the new additions and who are the people you wish to attract?

Thanks,

Liz

Alright, I read the blog. I see it will not remain purely BB. There will be Chemistry etc.. I understand your point of view. Then it is Clinical Pathology. Why oh why. Well, then the name must be changed. Unless you start a new site leaving this one as is, as our home away from home...:clap::excited:

Liz