Pray for ME

mjshepherd

Just signed up to sit for my SBB. I think I may be insane, been a blood bank lead tech for 10 years but I've been out of school for 15 years. A supervisors job was offered if I can pass the SBB so every one cross your fingers.

Read all of "the reviews of" in Immunohematology. I thought it helped me when I sat for the test. Also, Blood Group Fact Book.

I'm a firm believer that nothing beats old fashioned experience when preparing for the SBB exam. I might not have answered all of the questions correctly, but I didn't see too much that I wasn't expecting.

Good luck!!! When do you take the test?

Just signed up to sit for my SBB. I think I may be insane, been a blood bank lead tech for 10 years but I've been out of school for 15 years. A supervisors job was offered if I can pass the SBB so every one cross your fingers.

Good Luck to you.

The Method and Appendix sections of the Technical Manual are a must for any SBB review.

I took the exam 12 or 13 years ago. Before that I hadn't taken one since the 70's. The fact that the test chooses questions based on your early answers can make you feel like you are getting a really hard test so expect that and don't panic.

I read Issit and can't forget the question on the test about Goa antigen being present on the cells of category IV partial D people. I felt like there were lots of those sorts of BB serology questions, but I also felt like they really stuck to the content guideline they provided so that would be a better guide than my 13 yr old recollections. And yes, I thought passing was an act of divine intervention for me.

I hope you are reading some of the suggest material before taking this exam. I took it 3 years ago after completing a SBB program and I know i wouldn't have passed it without the courses. Get Harmening's Transfusion book and review your coagulation since there is now alot of coag on it too. There is also a lot of math calculationsfor platelet counts, products and rbc recovery plus HLA questions. There is a SBB review book passing the first time by the volaris company that was helpful too.

Good luck