jasmine

Tips for the ID-Tipmaster

I am looking for pipetter tips to be used with the ID-Tipmaster other than the ones provided by OCD... something less expensive. Thanks in advance.

I would try Wescottlabs. We get our pipet tips for the Biohit pipets. They are a lot less expensive than Ortho.

Does anyone have an alternate supplier for the replacement O rings used on the MTS Tipmaster pipets?  They are ridiculously priced from Ortho.

Agreed!  My manager AND my staff were dumbfounded by the price of these silly little things.

Does anyone have an alternate supplier for the replacement O rings used on the MTS Tipmaster pipets?  They are ridiculously priced from Ortho.

I recommend your local hardware store.

So if we spend the 30 cents to buy several sets at the local hardware store, do we have to validate them?  I guess if the pipette is calibrated it would be okay, right?  Has anyone done this and were there any problems?

Hi again with the o-rings.  Does anyone have the exact measurements/size or specifications from Tipmaster for these?  Right now they (Ortho) are only selling the O-rings as part of a kit...2 o-rings, one wire, one container of lube = $104.04.  I went to our Biomed department and they found some that look close but not exact. The diameter outside and inside might be the same, but ours look thicker as far as the width dimension. If I can figure out the exact size they can order some from one of their sources. Thank you!

David, what is the website?

I want to say that Chasma has tips also . . . looking for the blurb!

Sorry to say that Chasma Scientific closed it's doors in 2011 and retired. The owner Chuck Mailman recently passed away.