Hettich EBA 21 Serofuge

THintz

We just purchased two new Hettich EBA 21 serofuges and I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share your Implementation/Validation Plan with me so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. I'd really appreciate anything I could get my hands on. If you're willing to share, please e-mail to me at thintz@altru.org or fax to 701.780.1897.

Thanks in advance.

I am looking into getting one of the EBA-21 centrifuges and would like to hear from someone who uses it. Currently we use a Clay Adams 2001. Our main problem is with the lid - it cracks around the hinge area . Unfortunately the lid cannot be replaced and I have to order a new centrifuge. They sure don't make 'em like they used to!!!!!

:sarcasm::sarcastic:sarcastic:sarcastic:sarcasm:

Edited by KKidd
can't spell!

One of the hospitals in our system uses them to spin specimens not for actually testing. They like it well enough. You do need to lightly lubricate the seal periodically (I think we specify monthly) in order to keep it from cracking.

We have been using 2 of them - first one since 2004. They are smooth and quiet, no problems with either of them. They do have a bit larger footprint than what we were using before. The older one has a flat top, which means that the buttons and readout are on the top and you can't see them very well from a sitting position unless you are tall (which I'm not). They improved them by putting the controls and readout display on a slanted 'bump' on top, much easier to see and use - which is how our newer one is set up.

I have 2 and I don't like them at all. They are not blood bank centrifuges in my opinion. The heads don't come out. However, they are quiet and are highly programmable. You have to set the brake speed to around setting 6 or the cells get mixed up when washing.

Edited by Trek Tech
incomplete sentence

• 8 months later...

We just purchased three new Hettich EBA 21 serofuges. While performing the calibrations we found that the cell button of the negative reactions do not form a very tight cell button and always seem to have a "tail". We have changed breaking speeds and accelerations speeds but neither helps. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

• 7 years later...

We can't get our Hettich EBA 21 to do a good job of spinning tubes.  We find we get different answers from titers run using it. The cells get mixed up in a manual wash.  The vendor suggested we change settings so the braking is less but then it takes forever to stop.  My staff wants to get rid of them but there isn't much out there to buy these days.  Does anyone have a good answer?

We have had the Hettich EBA 21 centrifuges for years - have never had any problems with them.  Speed 3000 rpm, ramp up 9, ramp down 5, for all times (20, 45 and 60 secs).

We wash our titers in the Helmer Ultra CW, but spin them in 1 of 2 Hettich EBA 21s.  Within reason (and training), we do OK with titers (Cap proficiency is midrange  on the bell-curve.)