Meditech 5.64 keeps closing

I think it's a good thing to auto-close Meditech's windows as a security feature, and I vaguely remember a checklist question about this.

There may be a setting that regulates the time before closing, though, so it's not timing-out too quickly.

We leave a pending screen going. I have come in at 0600 and the screen from the second shift tech is active.

:pcproblem:pcproblem:pcproblem:pcproblem:pcproblem

I just love Meditech!!!! :haha:

While we are aware we can keep meditech open using analyzer batch screens, it is our policy to lock the session anytime we walk away from the terminal. It is too easy to get multiple screens open under several tech's accounts and end up resulting something under someone else's name. I only want work I've done released under my name NOT work that someone else has done that I will be held responsible for. It's not that difficult to reenter my password when I return to the terminal. I believe the safety feature is worth the minor annoyance. I have no problem with keeping the batch open while I am close to the terminal if I am the only one using it.

I understand the security issues. I usually keep the tracking screen up at my workstation because I am the only user. The main reason I ask is because we have a dedicated computer for issuing units, and that is the one that always closes the issuing screen.

We have found that one has to be sure to finalize the filing of the issue of a unit of blood before the screen closes. We had a tech complete the check out process including all double checks with the messenger picking up the unit, resulted everything in meditech but got interupted and didn't actually file the result. The screen closed itself out and it wasn't discovered until the next day when it appeared that there was a unit missing from inventory. We were able to recover the information and reenter it but definitely not an optimum or desirable situation. Another reason to close or lock your session before you walk away - it makes sure you complete what you were doing. To be fair to the tech - it was our night tech. She is the only one in the lab which means she has to answer the phones, draw the blood and do all the lab work in addition to maintenance, QC, and other duties. Our night techs are great jugglers and manage to keep a lot of balls in the air. I know I'm too old to do that anymore! :crazy: