SOP for deviations in QC - newbie

Irene59

CAP inspection is looming, and dept director asked if there was a procedure in place for this.

Is there a specific blanket SOP that I can write for all the "tube tests" that would cover everything from ABO/Rh to antigen screening, for QC deviation? I don't just mean a blanket "document results on XYZ quality improvement form." I am looking for something to add to each procedure, or a separate procedure entirely that states what exactly to do, i.e., check expiration date of reagent, re-test reagent, etc. etc.

For example, in chemistry, the procedure would look like: if QC is outside of acceptable limits, recalibrate, reconstitute, rerun, etc. etc. I have not seen anything like this anywhere for BB

Edited by Irene59
misspell

Where have you been Rashmi?

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad to see you back (as opposed to "glad to see your back")!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Thank you Malcolm, I wasn't really away, just loitering in the background in between dealing with a panic stricken eldest who decides he doesn't know any maths just before his GCSE exams!!!.

I have to admit- I have missed BBT, and especially your "comments"!!!- but a bit disappointed that a few other UK staff haven't continued with discussions in the UK section.