Quotient BioDiagnostics

dawn w

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dawn,

The only issue I have found when evaluating those Quotient reagents is that we may potentially have patients whose RH histories may change. The Quotient alpha ( blend) tends to pick up D variants and so called "weak" D's on immediate spin. I am working on a recommendation about how to handle these patients so until we get that nailed down we are sticking with Ortho. That and my fridge is full of stock!:D

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have played with the QB anti-D's (alpha, delta, and blend). Serendipitously (?) I had 4 pts and an employee with bizarre D typings in gel/tube (both Ortho). The blend will detect DVI at immediate spin. The alpha/delta are IgM so don't use them for weak D testing. I expect to swtich vendors when my current stock is utilized. If you have the resources, QB also has a D typing kit for evaluating anomalous D types.

• 1 month later...

In testing our Quotient anti-D (blend) on Rh neg cord samples we are finding what looks like weakly positive reactions. The technical rep says this is due to the higer level of potentiators and its tendency to bring up false positives with the contaminants in cord samples (Wharton's jelly and whatnot). She said to wash the samples better. We are still testing this out. What is everyone else's experience with their anti-D blend on Rh neg (with Immucor) cord samples?

• 1 year later...