T.R investigations

RR1

I would really like to know how folk investigate transfusion reactions, particularly in the UK.

Would a different screening technique also be included in the investigation or are folks just re-screening pre/ post samples and cross matching using the original technique?

If the original screen was automated, is re-testing performed manually or re-run on the same analyser?

Thanks!

Edited by RR1

• 2 months later...

Hi Rashmi,

We just run pre and post by same technique BUT BY A DIFFERENT BMS than the original worker.

I think anyting else is doubting the validation of your techniques/methods and is into another realm.

Cheers

Eoin

• 4 months later...

The form attached adequately covers all that is required I think Rashmi. The only other thing on our form would be a complete check audit on all paperwork (compatibility labels, compatibility reports, request forms & worksheets etc. We also have a section to say the day's QC was reviewed (the day the crossmatch or any other testing - Group, screen & hold on another day for example) We would also include batch numbers of reagents / gel cards etc that were used for testing of the pre and post samples.

Cheers

Eoin