ID-Tipmaster replacement

HWalker

They are spendy, but we love our BioHit pipets for working with Gel. We have one tipmaster, but no one uses it anymore. Ortho now has a "pipet doctor" that you can send your biohit into for a quote on repair and if acceptable, they will repair it. We just recently sent one of ours in for repair, and surprisingly it was inexpensive in the scheme of things!

We have 2 BioHit eline pipettes and when they work, they are wonderful. They calibrate beautifully. However, we have sent them back to PippetteMD so many times that they are now replacing one of them for free. They told me that there was a problem with the pico boards and that this is very unusual occurence. Also, you have to be very very careful when you clean them not to unscrew the top ring (which is easy to do) because it will mess up the actuator. One of techs now refuses to do the monthly maitenance on them because of this problem. The batteries are quite expensive and they are typically replaced once a year. I am quite disenchanted with the BioHits so I just ordered a new IDtipmaster.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...