Wise Ole Sayings

L106

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An old RAF(UK) saying: - the 7 P's

"Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P**s Poor Performance" :) Change control anyone???

along with KISS

and of course I love "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

and for you quality guys

"Errors are caused by faulty systems, processes and conditions, they are seldom caused by carelessness and lack of trying hard enough."

Its so easy to blame people and not the process, just because one person can carry out a procedure without error does not ensure that all people can do the same, KISS it and more people should be able to work without error. Thats my belief;)

My favorite is "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine." :rolleyes:

This thread is great idea.

LOV|E IT!! My pet peeve, well, one of my many, is a phone call from a nurse/DR saying I forgot to order this or that crossmatch....So I need it now!!

One I use rather a lot, after taking a deep breath and counting slowly to ten:

" these things are sent to try us!".

Then smile.

KUDOS to you Rashmi!! This is great input. Smiling has always helped me get through the hard times. Also, if things are really bad, try telling a joke and making everyone laugh.....it works wonders for morale!!!!

Sorry to keep posting things my father always told us as children....but I want to share advice from the smartest man I have ever met....

"Your name is your virtue, your value. Never do anything in life that adversely affects your value."

Two from my very sage grandparents:

Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

and, as a true Yorkshireman, I'd rather be dead than done!

As far as transfusion and learning goes - I always stand by, Always ask! Sometimes they say"yes"!

One I use for laugh on my most harried days:

"The little voices inside my head may not be real but they still have some pretty good ideas!":p

Ha Ha Ha!!! I work with a woman who says "You're just jealous because the voices in my head aren't talking to you!" :D:D:D She typicaly makes this statement after she has been talking out loud to herself to work through some problem. :D:D:D:D

Ha Ha Ha!!! I work with a woman who says "You're just jealous because the voices in my head aren't talking to you!" :D:D:D She typicaly makes this statement after she has been talking out loud to herself to work through some problem. :D:D:D:D

Thank God! It's not just me then.

I often find myself debating (out loud) what step to take next with a difficult case, and my colleagues think that I am mad.

Mind you, there could well be other and additional reasons why they think I'm mad..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:imslow::imslow::imslow::imslow::imslow:

Thank God! It's not just me then.

I often find myself debating (out loud) what step to take next with a difficult case, and my colleagues think that I am mad.

Mind you, there could well be other and additional reasons why they think I'm mad..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:imslow::imslow::imslow::imslow::imslow:

No Malcolm, it is most assuredly not just you!!!!:) I think all real Blood Bankers talk to themselves when trying to figure out what step to take next in a difficult case.

Sometimes it helps immensely to hear what you are thinking. Yes, even if it comes from yourself!!! Your colleagues don't sound like they "Get It"...ie..understand. We often times will respond to a coworker talking to themselves with "Let me know when/if you are talking to me. Let me know when/if I should respond."

My favourite as a brain-clearer (but applies equally well to the lifts in our building):

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure."

My boss is fond of "There's no crying in blood bank" and I'm in convulsions over "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

This is our Chemistry Supervisor's motto (and she has it on a sign hanging in her office!) She's a card!

One day some of the staff were discussing an "unlikely" romantic match and she commented "It just goes to prove......There's a lid for every pot!" I was amazed...my mother used to say that all the time, but I had never heard anyone else ever say it. (Apparently her mother handed it down, too.)