Antibody Check

jcdayaz

• 2 weeks later...

We just validated it last week and are live now. It's pretty awesome! Not only is it helpful for the techs, but also we use it when we review all antibody panels - it is very helpful to see quickly if all alloantibodies got ruled out.

The only thing I would like to see with it is to be useful with enzyme panels.....

But I definitely recommend it!

ABQ BB'er

Hi everyone,

At first I thought this software would be a waste of time. After a few trys I love it. I can find selected cells quicky. The rule outs are shown at the bottom of the page. And ditto what ABQ bloodbanker said - if you review antibody workups it is easy to tell what has not been ruled out.

JB

Wow! Am I glad that I clicked on this thread. This sounds like a very helpful tool, especially for the inexperienced, over burdened PM and night shifts. I am going to check into this; I'm hoping IS will clear the way for us to add this software to our computer.....the price is within "no approval needed" range....so IS is my only barrier.

Thanks for the info!

Wow! Am I glad that I clicked on this thread. This sounds like a very helpful tool, especially for the inexperienced, over burdened PM and night shifts. I am going to check into this; I'm hoping IS will clear the way for us to add this software to our computer.....the price is within "no approval needed" range....so IS is my only barrier.

Thanks for the info!

They provide us with a flash drive that you simply insert into your (presumably) already existing computer....

The best thing since sliced bread...so to speak.

Really, go check out their website...www.AntibodyCheck.com. Your multiple question....well, that is what it is so useful for. You simply "click" on which antigens you want either positive or negative for your select cells to rule in--rule out--whatever.

I can not speak factually to your question about Panel C. I do know they have always responded promptly to any e-mail questions we have ever sent them. Perhaps you should e-mail them your question??!

• 1 year later...

AntibodyCheck is a very useful product. I know the developers and they are working on some enhancements to the program. They will be at AABB in San Diego in October 2011 and you can easily check out the new enhancements. Or go to the web site and ask about the product. Very much worth the time and money spent in the time savings for your techs.

I just watched the demo and I am impressed! I think it would be perfect at our facility. Most of our techs are generalist and find antibody workups intimidating. No matter how I try to explain the process of ruling out I always end up with a confused tech.

That said, there are two reasons I believe it will be a longshot to bring here.

1.) Many of the techs and management of the Lab are not very computer literate and this program seems to require more advanced computer skills than they possess. Trying to explain to them the process would most certainly lead to the same "deer-caught-in-the-headlight" stare. I would probably be the only one who ever used it.

2.) Requires computer proficiency. I know I already said this but it seems that Clinical Lab is an aging field. So many of the techs were techs during the pre-computer era and are reluctant to embrace technology. My facility is probably the worse.

All that said, I will suggest and pray!:pcproblem

For those of you who already use this, I have a question..... :)

We have automated panels, but do select cells in tube if the automated panels are not enough (I have 3 automated panel ID options).

I have 2 traditional panels received every month to pull selected cells. I would not be subscribing the service for my automated panels, just the 2 traditional ones. So, the search and standardized format of the select panels would be a plus. Is anyone else using this who has automated full panels and only uses the traditional panel cells for rule outs? Just wondering if the value will be there. We use Immucor Echo Ready Id's and Extends as our primary panels....

• 3 months later...
they do not have panel C for ortho??? Can we add tube method? or just Pos or neg? How does it work for multiple?

They can include Panel C to input the untreated panel result. The price will vary by the combination of panels you want and if it's more than 1 manufacturer. They can also include antibody screen cells.