QC for cryoprecipitate

We are looking for a laboratory that we can send our monthly cryoprecipitate QC samples to for testing for fibrinogen and Factor VIII. Would anyone be willing to share where they are having their testing performed? Thanks so much.

• 2 months later...

We send ours to BSL, which is now CTS, in Tempe, AR. They have a nice CQC (component quality control) lab. They can provide the results in a variety of formats. We use their form and after they document the results and complete their review they scan it into a PDF file and e-mail it directly to me. I used to have problems with the faxed results getting lost, but now more.

I used to have problems with the faxed results getting lost, but now more.

You're welcome Rita. I just realized I mistyped something that might mislead you. The highlighted word should have been "no." I do not have any problems with results getting lost in transit.

The American Red Cross in Philadelphia has performed QC for Fibrinogen and Factor VIII levels on American Red Cross and non-Red Cross Cryoprecipitated-AHF products for over 20 years. If you wish to investigate sending your Cryo for QC to the American Red Cross, please contact Cynthia Flickinger at 215 451 4909.