cap 41025

kriti

Are personnel involved in transfusion trained in identification of transfusion recipients and blood components, and in observation of recipients during and after transfusion, with inservice education at least annually?

I had put together a presentation for nursing, but they think it is too long, so if anyone else has an inservice they would be willing to share, I would be very grateful. Thanks for your time.

We do the same as clmergen. If you don't have access to computer-based training, I would suggest that you "whittle-down" your presentation to concentrate on the high points, but proceed with the inservice (rather than backing down.)

Personally, I find that I can cover a lot more ground if I prepare written handouts to be distributed to the participants. It forces me to review & organize the material efficiently, and the participants can just listen and follow the presentation better (and more quickly) if they don't have to take any notes.