Implant Tracking Software

Like many hospital Blood Banks, we have been handed the (shared) responsibility of storing and tracking bone and tissue. Our LIS is antiquated (hopefully we'll be upgrading in a year or two or three...) and cannot really handle all the new product types, so we're currently using manual logs. I've recently been given some information on Nu-Tracker (through Nutech) and was wondering if anyone else is using the system and if so what are your experiences. Thanks!

There are a bunch of systems on the market and I thought I had looked at all of them, but "Nu-Tracker" is a new one to me. The industry is so new and there are so many start-ups it can be really hard to make a choice. There is another thread around here someplace were the discussion was about numerous systems. Do a search, it may be worth your time.

CARDINAL HEALTH has developed a tissue and implant management solution called the PYXIS TISSUE AND IMPLANT MODULE. It is even integrated to work with other Pyxis supply products. No other competitor in the market has all of the features and capabilities that this solution has. If you like, I can provide anyone with a webex demonstration; just send me an email.

I have done deep dives on all of the competing solutions, so I can even point out all of the ways in which they fall short against the PYXIS TISSUE AND IMPLANT MODULE.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know anything more up to date about the above tissue management systems or about:

Graft Tracker

IMS-Ready Tracker

How good is the software? Does the software cover non-tissue implants, breast milk, autologous tissues etc.? How are the companies to work with? How demanding is implementation? How expensive to implement?